Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has announced sales of application forms for qualified candidates seeking admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
How To Register for 2017 JAMB UTME:
- Registration fee for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) only. Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- ‘In Dependence’ for UTME candidates and ”The Last Days at Forcados High School” for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS plaorms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng. Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualification, etc.
- At the CBT centre, candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded. O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the portal of JAMB.
- Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
NOTE: In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Offices will be allowed to register candidates.
This is to avoid exploitation, off-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities.
JAMB UTME CBT Exam Dates:
The 2017 UTME will commence on 6 May and end on 20 May, 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017 because of Candidates sitting for WAEC’s Further Mathematics examination).
The venue of the examination will be at any centre in the candidate’s chosen examination town.
Application Closing Date:
The period of sale / registration for UTME is from Monday 20th March to Wednesday 19th April 2017 while registration closes on Saturday 22nd April 2017. For DIRECT ENTRY, the application will be on sale from Sunday 23 April, 2017.