Out of over 32 debate teams from several Nigerian Universities, the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Debating team clinched the 4th position nationwide.
The debate team representing UNIZIK emerged fourth (4th ) among Nigerian Universities and first (1st) among the South-Eastern Universities in the just concluded Universities Debate Competition held recently at Canaan Land, Covenant University, Ota-Ogun State. The UNIZIK Debating team was led to the competition by its Coordinator and Deputy Director of DICL, Dr. Williams Obiozor and Mrs. Chioma Agulefoh of the Directorate of International Collaboration and Linkages. The following are the names of the students representing UNIZIK:
1. Ijioma Hajiya Hannatu, Department of Theatre and Film Studies, year 2 (Team Leader)
2. Iloanya, Blessing, Department of Political Science, Year 2
3. Akugaranwa, Nzube, History & International Studies, CEP Year 5
4. Obiyo Grateful, Department of Microbiology, Year 2
5. Okocha Beatrice, Department of Banking and Finance, Year 1
6. Eke, Ifeanyi Department of History & International Studies, Year 2
Igwe Ogbonnaya (OGB), Medical Laboratory, Year 1.
Congratulations To The UNIZIK debate Team!